I've been a little on the "torked" side the past two weeks. My TV which I purchased in November, broke. There were no warning signs. It just happened. The picture faded out and the left half of the screen had vertical lines. Just like that. It was done.
Oh, initially, I wasn't bothered much. Technology is not as dependable as people like to think. I figured it was a weird glitch and I would just contact the store on Monday morning. It is obviously a manufacturing error and it is still under warranty, after all. The store was great. The manufacturer was not-so-great. Here are some statements made to me during my three conversations with the manufacturer:
- "You'll have to pay the shipping & handling - $125 each way"
- "Call us back once you have a brother or uncle or someone with technological knowledge there with you and we'll trouble-shoot"
- "We'll provide the part, but we're not "incumbent" to provide a piece of paper promising to provide the part" (um, I think you meant obligated)
- And my personal favorite: "I don't know that my supervisor is going to want to talk to you" ... at which point I went from keeping my cool to losing it *just a little*
I called back to the store because this was just completely unacceptable and I was getting nowhere with the manufacturer. The store was apologetic for the mistake of not realizing that I had the extended warranty, meaning that I should not have dealt with the manufacturer at all! All I had to do was bring the TV to the store and they would either repair or replace it. So I brought my TV up the following Saturday (it's an hour away), and was told it would be two weeks. "Okay, I'm just glad to have it taken care of," I told the store representative. Several people commented that I should call and request it be completed sooner, but I decided to just let it be.
I got a call yesterday and I was told they are unable to repair my television so they will replace it. However, they no longer carry that brand
I got pretty worked up over a thing. In the beginning, I felt completely wronged. I was irritated that I should have to go through this when I have done nothing wrong. I couldn't see past my own frustrations. Near the end of my situation, however, I leaned more into patience, graciousness, and thankfulness as the Lord has continued to humble my heart over the years. I'm so glad!
Even when my view is obstructed ...Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure,

No comments:
Post a Comment