Look upon my suffering and deliver me,
for I have not forgotten your law.
Psalm 119:153
I have a multitude of thoughts right now. Scores of them performing loop-d'loops (who ever came up with that phrase and how do you honestly spell it?) in my head. They are uncontrollable. They are unbelievable. They are overwhelming. They are overly exhausting. They are there, these thoughts, occupying every available (and sometimes unavailable) space in my head.
I arrived in FL last Friday night (well Saturday morn at 2 am) and have been in a whirl-wind ever since. Critter's jeep broke down. My sis & bro are outside of the continental US. Tommy is just recovering today from a 2-day stomach flu. Cortney broke out in hives from a stress-induced anxiety attack. I tripped at the house over the cutest beagle ever (although unfortunately underfoot at the time), and I'm sore; but I'm not injured. Aunt Tammy was released from the hospital yesterday evening and got to see Papa for 15-20 minutes at the Hospice house down the street before heading 30 miles to her home. Papa was able to open his eyes and acknowledge her twice. That was a huge blessing. Papa's declining health is becoming more obvious daily.
I forgot my daily medication when I hurriedly left Iowa, so after almost 6 days, I finally realized that may be why I'm so exhausted that I can't sleep. I also feel like my conscience self is outside of my physical self by about 1/2 a foot either way. Hard to explain, but the best I have come up with so far is that I am waiting for the sound effects that accompany the multi-million dollar man's super slow-motion music (nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuhhh ...) to be heard by all when I turn my head or move my eyes. My doctor is calling in a refill to a pharmacy here today. This is good because I have had some pretty terrifying night-mares the past two nights.
That's all I've got in me to say right now. My brain hurts and everything feels jumbled in my head right now. My heart is sad, but I've had some very precious moments with the Lord and my family which I will share in an in-depth encouraging blog at a later time.
Keep praying friends.
I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2
.
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory
and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.
1 Chronicles 29:11
No comments:
Post a Comment