Monday, May 4, 2009

6 Miles a Gallon

In honor of a blog I recently began reading, I am, for the first time, participating in:

It should be great fun, and I am fairly certain that I, at times, may have much to contribute to it. Here goes for this week:

While preparing to leave on vacation recently, I did not visit with friends until 9:30/10:00 the night before when I still needed to pack for a 12 day trip. I definitely would not have gone to Wal-Mart for some last minute items at midnight. I certainly would not have been putting gas in my truck at 1:00 AM when I needed to leave the house by 5:45 AM to drive to the airport three and a half hours away. To follow that up, I surely could not have zoned out, while randomly cleaning or organizing odds and ends rather than sleeping for a bit, and not remember what I did during those hours. I positively did not get in the shower at 5:55 AM, and get on the road by 6:15 AM. Without a doubt, I did not arrive too late to my friend's home to get to the airport on time; upon where I did not miss my flight.

Later, after finally arriving home in Florida, I received a text-message from a dear friend informing me that I did NOT leave my truck without the keys in it, locked, but running for over 10 hours until my friends returned to their home to take care of it! There is NO WAY that I wasted the last six or seven gallons of my gas-tank on Zero miles, and thus average only six miles a gallon for that tank of gas because I would never do something like that, not me!

And to top it all of, once I returned home, I undeniably did not whack myself in the forehead this weekend with a heavy, three-pronged, industrial-sized plug while trying to impatiently separate two extension chords at church. I'm pretty sure that I didn't deserved that in my hasty actions.


The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me,
and I have listened.
I have not rebelled or turned away.
I offered my back to those who beat me
and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard.
I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting.
Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,
I will not be disgraced.
Therefore, I have set my face like a stone,
determined to do his will.
And I know that I will not be put to shame.
Isaiah 50:5-7 (NLT)
.
Praise the Sovereign Lord that He helps me ... I mean if I did embarrassing things like that; but thank goodness that I don't!
.
Don't forget to check out: http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/05/not-me-monday-is-back.html to see this weeks entries and find out what interesting things others are not doing!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Bless your heart...your week sounded crazier than mine!

God Bless,
Liz

Irene said...

oh my goodness! Hope your head feels ok! Ouchie...

Loved your list--I was cracking up!