I am so excited to go home tomorrow to Florida to spend time with my family! I have also been blessed by a dear long-time friend with the gift of a Caribbean cruise (my first!) with her & her family in the middle of my vacation!
People keep asking me if I'm excited to go on vacation ... duh! Seriously, although I am very excited, there is much that is stressful about preparing to be gone for 12 days. I have been busy tying up loose ends at work ... you know, so things don't fall apart while I'm gone ;) I have been busy doing laundry. I have been busy shopping for things that I'll need for the trip. I have been busy with friends. I have been busy at church. I have been busy.
Today, someone who has cruised before told me that I was going to love being pampered and letting go of my cares. Oh, how I long for that moment! For the time being, however, I have remained physically, mentally, and spiritually preoccupied.
I looked up a devotional online while eating my lunch just now. The above verse was part of it. It caught my attention, so I looked it up on http://www.biblegateway.com/ and read it several times in several different versions. I like that this version says God's glory is "on tour" across the skies. I wonder if God chooses to put His glory "on tour" so that it will get my attention. Still, I often seem to miss the concert. What is really sad is that I know that those concerts are made special by Him just for me ... right where I'm at when I need it. Alas, I am too busy. I don't hear the exciting, rockin' concert or see the amazing swirl of beauty in the exhibit. I miss the wondrous display that is beyond description. I don't catch that the Almighty God of the Universe was whispering a special poem of love directly into my heart.
A good friend sent me a link of cruise tips. The final tip was "don't forget God." I, by His design, often do enjoy the sights and sounds of God's natural creation (ask me about fireflies sometime!); but it was a good reminder. So I am going to make a conscience effort to take in as much as I can of God's glory on tour in the skies ... His craftsmanship on exhibit in the horizon while I am on vacation! May my heart grow even fonder of my LORD that I would do the same when I return!
No comments:
Post a Comment